5.24.2012

Meet Andrew + Callie: Content Producer + Event Planner for Project C


Meet Andrew Thomas!

Andrew is a senior studying video production in the school of Media Arts & Studies in the Scripps College of Communication. Andrew is one of the lead producers for The Gathering Place project. He has worked on a variety of videos in local markets and internationally, traveling to film in locations such as Indonesia, Germany, the Bahamas, and Brazil. 

Hometown: Syracuse, New York

Favorite memory in Athens/Ohio University: 
"Canoeing down the Hocking River on a beautiful day earlier this spring with some of my best friends."

What is your favorite part of working on Project C? 
"My favorite part is during the editing process when I see all of the elements of the story come together."

Where is your favorite place to spend an afternoon in Athens? 
"I like jump around, Athens is great because there’s a lot to see and explore."

What is your favorite restaurant in Athens? 
It would probably be Lui Lui, the salmon with curry sauce is killer. 

The most valuable piece of advice you’ve ever received?
"Don’t make the same mistake twice."

What’s the #1 most played song on your iTunes right now? 

If you were a piece of furniture, what would you be? 
A tall, skinny, lamp.

What would I find in your refrigerator right now? 
"Jelly, milk, hummus, and pitas. I don’t eat these all together, I just need to go shopping."

What are your favorite things to do in your free time? 
"Seeing live music, hiking, taking photos, playing any sport, strumming on the guitar, watching documentaries, and eating ice cream."

Meet Callie Sauter!

Callie graduated from Ohio University in June 2011 with a degree in Restaurant, Hotel and Tourism. While she is employed full-time at Ohio University, she also works with the Project C team to plan the "A Project C Premier: Celebrating Community" event on June 1.

Hometown: Middletown, Ohio

What is your favorite part of working on Project C? 
"My favorite part about working on Project C are the passionate people that have pushed so hard to raise the money and are working to get the stories made. It is great when you see a group of students who have so much else to get done and worry about, come together on their own time to make the common goal happen."

Where is your favorite place to spend an afternoon in Athens? 
"That's a tough one, if I have to pick one place in Athens to be my favorite it would have to be Donkey Coffee with some friends. I've got some great memories of my friends and I playing games and hanging out there."

What is your favorite restaurant in Athens? 
"My new favorite restaurant is Sol, their bunch is great!"

What do you think has been the greatest invention in the last ten years? 
"Probably more than 10 years ago but I would say the greatest and the worst invention has to be the cell phone. I love being able to send people a simple text message when I don't have enough to tell them over a phone call but some people also just don't call to talk on the phone anymore."

The most valuable piece of advice you’ve ever received: 
"Best advice I have received is a quote, 'Nothing is impossible because the word its self says I'm possible.'"

Three words that describe you best: 
Creative, Cheerful, and Encouraging

What are your favorite things to do in your free time? 
"In my free time I like to do a variety of crafts from scrapbooking to sewing. I'm currently working on crocheting two different blankets."

No comments:

Post a Comment